Saturday, June 4, 2011

Month of May!! Part 1

Wow this last month seemed to be packed with busyness (Is that a word?). I have not been able to post it all! So here it goes...

First things First... CHASE GRADUATED!!!!

For the past 2 years including summers (blah), Chase has been going down to the U of U 2-4 nights/weekends a week depending on the semester to complete his MPA (Master's of Public Administration). It has been hard at times, I will admit, due to feeling like a single mother... but in the end it was all worth it! I am so proud of you Chase!!! Here are some pics from the awesome day...

We started out by meeting my family and Chase's family at Firehouse Pizzeria in Centerville for some dinner...

Then we headed over to the Huntsman Center at the University and watched Chase walk and receive his diploma.. Yay Chase!!! :)

Afterwards, we met outside for some Snap Shots!


I love you Chase and I am So proud of You!

MOTHER'S DAY is next during this month of busyness. I am so grateful to have Haidyn and for the opportunity I have to be a mother to a beautiful little girl. I was very excited for Mother's Day this year just because I was thinking that I would have a day off from the house and taking care of Haidyn and just relax... UNTIL I got the call on Friday night....

Chase was on the phone with the Bishop when he came over and said the Bishop wanted to speak with me. I don't know about you but when I hear that I think "Oh no". Not because I don't like to talk to the Bishop, cause I do. But when you get a call on Friday, you know its gonna lead to being asked to do something that you'd really rather not do but you know that it will strengthen you as a person so you say yes anyway kind of thing. So he asked me if I would speak in sacrament on Mother's Day. Ugh... It went well though, I think, despite my nervousness and over-thinking it. My mom came and watched me speak so that helped a little.

The rest of the day went very well. Chase and I had purchased a new bedroom set only a week before so we were considering that as mother's and father's day gifts. Chase, however, surprised me with an Itunes gift card and card which was way nice of him. We went and visited my Grandma Slater and my Mom first at my Grandma's house and then went and visited Chase's mom. Then we went to dinner at my Grandma Nebeker's house. It was a very fun day!! Thank's Chase and Haidyn, Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment